Sunday, June 24, 2012

Music To Read To: Hate List

I started reading this last night and couldn't stop reading until I reached the end. It wasn't suspenseful or scary but I couldn't stop reading until I wad finished. It's a wonderful story of living with the past and finding redemption. A story of moving on and accepting what cannot be changed. I related to the story in a way I didn't think I would with the plot points involving the parents especially the father. I'm not sure I can really say I loved the book considering the subject matter but you can appreciate anything that can make you think about making life better. There is one quote in the book that really stayed with me:

"The word won being the past tense of win, and we can all say at the end of the day that we've won once again, can't we? Some days making it to the end of the day is quite the victory."

In a world where things are often out of our control making it to my bed is my daily victory. I get to life another day.
I am constantly creating soundtracks for things in my life. It's a geeky thing to do but I can't help it. I'm always thinking of a song that would fit a specific situation. It always happens when I read as well. My mind will immediately think of a song based on the current plot point.

 Here are a few songs that were played while reading Hate List:

Alanis Morrissette - That I Would Be Good
 that I would be loved even when I numb myself
that I would be good even when I am overwhelmed
that I would be loved even when I was fuming
that I would be good even if I was clingy

Deb Talan - Comfort
If you can't remember a better time
you can have mine, little one.
In days to come when your heart feels undone
may you always find an open hand
and take comfort wherever you can.


Evanescense - My Immortal
I'm so tired of being here
Suppressed by all my childish fears
And if you have to leave
I wish that you would just leave
'Cause your presence still lingers here
And it won't leave me alone


Oasis - Don't Look Back In Anger
So Sally can wait
She knows it's too late as she's walking on by
My soul slides away
"But don't look back in anger, don't look back in anger"
I heard you say, "at least not today" 


Emma Lee - I Could Die Tonight

Truth be told I’m still just scared as hell
that I’ll fool the world and never fool myself
Cause I know living right it isn’t in the lyin’
But I could live with tryin’
I could live with cryin’
I could live with dyin’ tonight


The Smashing Pumpkin - Disarm 


Disarm you with a smile
And leave you like they left me here
To wither in denial
The bitterness of one who's left alone
The Weepies - World Spins Madly On


Woke up and wished that I was dead
With an aching in my head
I lay motionless in bed
I thought of you and where you'd gone
and let the world spin madly on 

No comments:

Post a Comment