Monday, August 27, 2012

Music Monday: Discovering Music With My Wife

The other day Nessa got me to sit with her and go through the Billboard Hot 100 so she could find some new songs to listen to on her phone. I pulled up a chair expecting to see a lot of pop songs by Carly Rae Jepson, Rihanna, and Katy Perry.

I was surprised with how much country music was actually on the list but I guess with most country music sounding more poppy these days it makes sense.

As we got to the end of the Hot 100 we found a band called Imagine Dragon and their song "It's time." I hadn't heard of Imagine Dragons but I was surprised with how much I liked their music.


After listening to the song we both felt like we heard the beat used on another song and after doing some Google searches we found Matt & Kim. Their song "Daylight" has a very similar beat through the song.



Since finding the two bands I've listened to anything I've been able to find by them. I'm leaning toward Imagine Dragons as the band I prefer. Here's a few more songs by each I have enjoyed.

Imagine Dragons - Demons


Imagine Dragons - Radioactive
 

Imagine Dragons - On Top Of The World



Matt & Kim - Yea Yea


Matt & Kim - Silver Tiles


Matt & Kim - Block After Block


No comments:

Post a Comment