Sunday, August 26, 2012

Fall TV 2012: Sundays

With the end of August comes the new TV Season starting in September. It's not as bad as it use to be since there is a lot of great shows that air during the summer these days that keep us entertained year around. 

Regardless my Fall TV Schedule is packed. Whoever invented the DVR is a genius since with Time Shifting I can easily catch all the shows I am interested in watching.

I'll start this off with Sunday shows for the fall. Somehow between Nessa and I Sunday has become the busiest night of the week replacing Thursdays which are actually pretty lite night of TV this year.


Returning Shows 
Heartland

I started this show at the end of season four when the series was added to Netflix and it quickly became one of my favorite shows. I also like the fact that it is made in Canada because I can make fun of the American fans that I get to see it first for once rather then the other way around. 

Once Upon A Time


During the first season I last interest in the show because I found it moved to slowly but over the summer I watched the full season within two days and watching it in succession kept it interesting since I didn't have to wait. The show got better in the second half of the season. I'm going to try watching it weekly again but I may decide to download it later when I can watch multiple episodes all at once rather then watch on a weekly basis.
Amazing Race


This show is all about the cast. With a good cast it can be a good season but if the season has a lack of teams to root for or root against I can easily drop the show for the season. 

 New Shows
666 Park Avenue


One of the new shows that interested me the most. It has a great cast and the premise is very intriguing. If it can get good ratings I think I'll enjoy it but I'll also save myself the trouble of getting hooked if the show flounders. I don't think it will since it is on Sundays with Once Upon A Time and Revenge which were two of the top new shows last year.

Nessa's Shows

Dexter


  I never got hooked to Dexter like everyone else did but we have it on DVD so at some point I'll give it a second try. 
 
Revenge


I enjoyed the series for the first few episodes but it quickly got too soapy for me. It's a show I may go back to later and watch the episodes all together but not really motivated to watch it. I think Nessa got hooked to a few of the characters and that kept her watching. 
The Simpsons And Family Guy


Two shows I'll watch if Nessa happens to be watching and I'm not on my way to work or doing something else. I plan on watching Family Guy when we get around to buying the DVDs but lost interest in The Simpsons while ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment