Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Tuesday Top Ten: TV Shows Cancelled Too Soon

This week I'll be sharing a Top Ten with Amy on TV Shows that were with less then three seasons. Not sure why I decided on three seasons but it did eliminate some easy choices for shows with four seasons like Everwood and The OC.

You can view Amy's list at her blog found here:


10. Veronica Mars





I considered not including this because it had a slow death after the first season. It slips in because the first season was one of the best TV seasons of a show ever. It was well written and the season long arc kept you interested. The writers just couldn't follow it up with a good enough storyline and the third season with the single episode stories just felt lame.
9. Dead Like Me



I haven't finished watching this one yet but I made it through the first season and loved what I've seen. I'll eventually finish it off. The show has a great concept behind it and the show has a really strong cast.   

8. My So Called Life


This show was before it's time. If it had been on The WB in the late 90's I think it would have lasted 6 or more seasons easily. It inspired so many teen shows after it and it sucks that they only got one season.
7. Jericho


It still pisses me off that they ended two seasons on cliffhangers even though both seasons ended with little hope that it would come back. Regardless it was a great concept that was written and acted really well. I enjoyed it well it lasted.
6. The Chappelle Show


This show should have lasted longer. It had so many great moments from Rick James to Making Da Band spoofs. I think it would still be going if Dave Chappelle hadn't lost interest in the show.
5. Reaper


Ray Wise as the Devil was great. It's too bad more people didn't give this show a chance because it had so many great moments and the cast was fun to watch.
4. Sports Night 


I'm not a huge fan of Aaron Sorkin but I really liked this show. The cast went together so well and it had a lot of touching moments while also speaking on issues in a non-preachy way. 
3. Undergrads


I found this show while I was in University so the characters and stories made some sense to me because they reminded me of people around me at the time. It's too bad that a show like this can only last one season but we are stuck with cartoons on Fox that have stopped being funny.



 2. Roswell


This was never my favorite show on The WB but Jason Katims is a great storyteller and while this is no Friday Night Lights it is a good show. There were moments that annoyed me but I can say that about a lot of shows I love. You can tell they were listening to the network in season 2 and the start of season 3 but the series started and ended really well.
1. Eli Stone


This show never got the love it deserved. Really it was lucky to not only get a second season but have the chance to make a satisfying ending. Not all shows get that chance or the writers are too stubborn to write an ending but instead trying to force a network to continue the story by writing a cliffhanger. I really liked what this was about and how the story was delivered. It did have moments where it seemed a little preachy but nothing to over the top. It was a shame that they couldn't deliver more on the story.

2 comments:

  1. Great list! I was surprised to see some shows we have in common! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I personally miss Firefly the most!

    Vote here for it, or another show and they might bring them back:

    http://pollator.com/polls/the-best-tv-shows-that-where-canceled-too-soon

    ReplyDelete