Monday, July 30, 2012

Music Monday: British Artists

Watching the Opening Ceremonies of the London Olympics made me realize how good some British Music is. So often we only get to hear American and Canadian music unless some one is able to break out and even when that happens it is often some annoying pop act like One Direction that you really just want to disappear. British Music has so much more to offer and below are some of my favorite songs.

I was going to do a write up for each selection but as I went I just kept thinking of other songs I liked and the list kept going and going until finally I cut my self off. I also just don't feel like doing a write up for them all so I decided to just post the videos and let you enjoy the songs.

I'm sure I've left off some great singers and bands but while thinking over the music these are the songs that really jumped out.

The Beatles - Penny Lane


The Rolling Stones - Paint It Black


The Who - My Generation


Kate Bush - This Woman's Work


The Police - Every Breath You Take


Take That - Back 4 Good


Oasis - Don't Look Back In Anger



Bush - Glycerine


Radiohead - Fake Plastic Trees


Blur - Song 2


The Verve - Bitter Sweet Sympathy


All Saints - Never Ever



Amy Winehouse - Rehab


Coldplay - The Scientist


Bloc Party - Signs


David Gray - Babylon


Dido - Here With You


Muse - Uprising


Duffy - Warwick Avenue


Adele - Hometown Glory


No comments:

Post a Comment