Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Tuesday Top Ten: Favorite Duets

I was listening to some duets last week when I decided to make this the top ten for the week. I've always enjoyed listening to people collaborating together to create a good song. In the spirit of Duets I asked Lisa to work on a Top Ten of her own so we can post together. You can see her blog here:

Coming up with this list was harder then I expected. There has been a lot of duets that I've loved or at least enjoyed over the years.

I started by eliminating three newer duets that I really love but either didn't seem as good as overs that I have loved for longer. If I redid the list in a few years they might sneak in then.
B.O.B and Taylor Swift – Both of Us
Kris Allen and Meiko – Loves Me Not

Tyler Hilton and Elizabeth Huett – Jenny

There were other Honorable Mentions that just didn't make my final ten:
Diana Ross and Lionel Richie - Endless Love
John Travolta and Olivia Newton John - You're The One That I Love
Bethany Joy Lenz and Tyler Hilton - When The Stars Go Blue
and this Classic

 
A Few Other songs that I eliminated because although I love the songs they are a gathering of multiple rappers rather then duets.
Northern Touch
Shake Ya Tailfeather
Welcome to Atlanta Remix
Where the Party At So So Def Remix
Bad Boy For Life
And finally this gem from Space Jam

And now the Top Ten: 

The first three sections made the list because I just felt the two voices worked so well together and I really like the lyrics. "Good For You" has two versions but I prefer the Kate Voegele version because I find her voice to be amazing.
10.  Mandy Moore and Jon Foreman - Someday We'll Know



9. Mariana’s Trench and Kate Voegele – Good For You


8. Matt Nathanson and Sugarland – Run



7. Nelly and Tim McGraw – Over and Over Again

 Similar to B.O.B. and Taylor Swift above this next one just surprised me with how much I liked the duo singing. It's not a duo that would jump to the top of my head but the song ended up being a really good song.
6.  Jennifer Warnes and Bill Medley – (I’ve Had) The Time Of My Life

I am a big fan of the movie Dirty Dancing and I've heard this song so many times in my life that I am constantly singing it in my heard along with quoting lines from the movie like "Nobody puts Baby in the corner."

5. Michael Jackson and Janet Jackson – Scream


In my opinion one of the best songs done by Michael Jackson since the Thriller album. Michael and Janet sound so well together and I loved the dance from the video.
4. Mariah Carey and Boys II Men – One Sweet Day

For so many school dances this song was played while we awkwardly slow danced. I actually realy liked Mariah's Daydream album and this song was one of the better songs on the album.

3. Temple of The Dog – Hunger Strike


I'm going to cheat on this song because it isn't really a duet since it was a band that was made in tribute to Andrew Wood and the band included members of Pearl Jam and Sound Garden. I'm counting it because it is one of my favorite rock songs and includes two of my favorite singers: Eddie Vedder and Chris Cornell.
2.   Joe Budden and Busta Rhymes – Fire
 For anyone who partied at Al's house knows how much Al and I loved this song and would play it constantly at parties. No matter how drunk we were it would get us up and dancing like fools. 

E&A Was in the House!

1. Duets from Animated Films






I'm going to cheat again and include all duets in from animated films as the number 1 spot. When I was working on the list I had songs from Beauty and the Beast (Beauty and The Beast) , Aladdin (A Whole New World), American Tail (Somewhere Out There), Tangled (I See The Light) amongst other great duets from animated classics. I couldn't decide which to drop and didn't want to drop any of the ones in the top ten so I included all the songs as number one.

 I can do that since it is my list!

4 comments:

  1. Haha I see what you did there. Sneaky! Love the list. I don't know all the songs listed and will check them out in a bit. Have to run an errand first and I will comment again after I go through & listen to the songs :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard the Kris Allen and Meiko one before. It's beautiful.

    I almost put the Mariana’s Trench and Kate Voegele one in my top ten, but it just didn't make it. I love that version better though

    Matt Nathanson's Run was in my top 10 until the very last minute. I love it, but it was just so hard to choose!

    The Mariah Carey and Boys II Men one I've never even heard before...maybe a bit before my time? It's a good one though. If I knew it, it would have probably made the list

    & I love all the Disney ones! The only one I never heard was the 'Beauty and the Beast' one since I've never seen that movie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you have not seen Beauty and The Beast. That seems crazy to me. Have you seen Once yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone keeps saying that! lol it's not my fault. Honestly I haven't seen many of the popular animated Disney films :/

      I haven't seen Once yet, but I will get to it eventually :)

      Delete