Thursday, May 03, 2012

Top Twenty: Annoying Characters

A few weeks ago Entertainment Weekly posted there choices for annoying TV Characters. I didn't agree with all the selections but it got me thinking about which TV characters I found the most annoying and when Nessa asked me if I wanted to do a list of annoying characters I jumper at the chance.

You can see her list here:


20. Peyton Sawyer – One Tree Hill



 I loved One Tree Hill but there's only so much that you can handle with one character being stalked, shot, having mystery parents, and having a difficult pregnancy. There's a reason the show got better after season 5 and 6.
19. Nikki/Paulo – Lost


I am not sure what the writers were thinking introducing two characters out of nowhere and making it seem like there were in the background the entire time. It wasn't like introducing the Others who were mysterious and interesting. These two were just taking up space on the screen and I don't think I've ever applauded a character's death as match as the end of these two.
 
18. Meredith – Grey’s Anatomy

  
The writers treat her like she's the Queen of the world and it doesn't matter what stupid thing she does someone steps up to find a loop hole or to take the blame for her rather then allow her to face the consequences. 
17. Blair – Gossip Girl


For some reason every guy on Gossip Girl falls for Blair and I've never seen why. She's selfish and self-centered. Not only that everyone wants her but she can never fully make up her mind with what she wants.
 
16. Zoe – How I Met Your Mother


It's not that I really disliked the character but at this point in the show I just get annoyed that they keep introducing love interests that are not the mother. We know the relationship is not going to go the distance so the character just seems like a waste of time.
 
15. Max – Greek


Again I didn't hate Max but he annoyed me because I wanted Casey with Cappie and Max stood in the way.
14. Paris and Nicole – The Simple Life


I sadly enjoyed this show because they were just so stupid but it didn't change the fact that the two were as annoying on the show as they are in real life. 
13. Dean – Gilmore Girls


 He was a very one sided character on a show with such great and quirky characters.
12. Priya – Big Bang Theory


As with Max the character annoyed more because I wanted Leonard with Penny and Priya stood in the way of what I wanted.

11. Duncan – Veronica Mars


This one stems from the fact that the actor playing Duncan was just not a good actor and was over shadowed by the actors surrounding him.
10. Joey Potter – Dawson’s Creek


Joey was such a neurotic character who had a horrible angry face. I never understood why Dawson and Pacey loved her so much because watching her drove me crazy. I can understand being attracted to her but to have a life long love with a character that just drove me crazy watching her never made sense.

9. Liz – Roswell


See Joey Potter but multiple the annoying habits by 1000. Not only that but she made the characters in scenes with her annoying as well.

8. Serena – Gossip Girl


The charactar annoys me the most because five seasons into the show she is the exact same character she was in the pilot. She makes the same mistakes over and over again and it just gets old. 
7. Randy Jackson – American Idol


The last remaining judge from the original trio was always the most annoying with his inane comments and need to call over one Dawg. It's time to let him go and get a real judge. 

6. Izzie – Grey’s Anatomy


She did so many things wrong yet she always blamed someone else for what happened. She never took real ownership for what she did.

5. Tara – True Blood


I just don't like the character at all. Every time she is on screen I feel like fast forwarding and roll my eyes with the nonsense that they make her say.

4. Fran – The Nanny


The voice is what makes the character so annoying. 
3. Mohinder Suresh – Heroes


The worst character in a badly written show.
2. Annie Wilson – 90210


The show is already a mess. When I watch it is just a guilty pleasure but Annie just ruins any scene and storyline she is in. She's hit a guy with no repercussions and became a prostitute with no repercussions. I mean really.

1. Marissa Cooper – The OC


The precursor to the poorly written character of Selena. She was the original character that never evolved into anything more then she was in the pilot. Her death made The OC season 4 so much better.

4 comments:

  1. Interesting... Definitely agree with some. I'm already thinking of others for me. This might be an interesting topic to come back to in the near future. You spelled Serena with an l though which kind of confused me for a minute lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fixed it. She annoys me so much that I spelled it wrong lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha!
    I only watched a bit of 90210 and more than Annie, Naomi was the one who really got on my nerves...but reading what you say about Annie, she seems like she's become a lot more messed up now than she was back then. Do you still watch the show? Or is it just a show you watch from time to time when it's on?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I watch from time to time but the writings as bad as Gossip Girl so haven't watched in quite a while.

    ReplyDelete