Monday, March 05, 2012

Music Monday: Songs that stick with me

Every week artists release new songs. Some of them become instant hits while others take time to grew. You look at the charts and you see the same artists every week: Lady Gaga, Katy Perry, Justin Bieber. There music may be hits today but in a short time they will be replaced by the next big thing and in a decade they will be the guilty pleasures of this decade. Like the Backstreet Boys, Spice Girls, and NSync they'll get replaced by what comes next. 

It takes a special song to stick with a person. A song that will stay on a play list forever while newer songs get removed and sent to the bench to only be played randomly. I thought I'd post some of the songs that stick with me through the years. Some are from before I was born and for whatever reason effected me enough to become a constant in my listening habits. Others relate to memories growing up. You can't really ever explain why the song sticks with you. It's just a love for the song that can't be explained.

Everyone has songs they will always listen to. These are some of mine.


Rolling Stones - Blinded By Rainbows


Yeah you're blinded by rainbows
And faces in windows
Blinded by rainbows
Do you dream at night
Do you sleep at night
I doubt it

David Bowie - Heroes


I, I will be King
And you, you will be Queen
Though nothing will drive them away
We can be heroes just for one day
We can be us just for one day

The Beatles - Across The Universe


Sounds of laughter shades of life are ringing
Through my opened ears inciting and inviting me
Limitless undying Love which shines around me like a
million suns, and calls me on and on
Across the universe

The Monkees - Daydream Believer


Oh, I could hide 'neath the wings of the bluebird as she sings
The six o'clock alarm would never ring
But it rings and I rise wipe the sleep out of my eyes
The shavin' razor's cold, and it stings

Cheer up, sleepy Jean, oh what can it mean
To a daydream believer and a homecoming queen?

Michael Jackson - Billy Jean


Billie Jean is not my lover
She's just a girl who claims that I am the one
But the kid is not my son

 Live - Lightning Crashes


Lightning crashes, a new mother cries
This moment she's been waiting for
The angels open her eyes, pale blue colored iris
Presents the sun and puts the glory out to hide, hide

Pearl Jam - Better Man


She loved him, yeah...she don't want to leave this way
She needs him, yeah...that's why she'll be back again
Can't find a better man

Sound Garden - Black Hole Sun


Stuttering, cold and damp
Steal the warm wind tired friend
Times are gone for honest men
And sometimes far too long for snakes
In my shoes, a walking sleep
And my youth I pray to keep
Heaven send Hell away
No one sings like you anymore

Dave Matthews Band - Crash Into Me


Touch your lips just so I know
In your eyes, love, it glows so
I'm bare boned and crazy for you
When you come crash
into me, baby

Bush -  Glycerine


I couldn't change though I wanted to
Should have been easier by three
Our old friend 'Fear' and you and me
Glycerine, Glycerine



No comments:

Post a Comment