Monday, February 27, 2012

Music Monday: Kate Bush - This Woman's Work


I should be crying
But I just can't let it show
I should be hoping
But I couldn’t stop thinking
All the things I should've said
That I never said
All the things we should of done
That we never did
All the things I should've given
But I didn't

I know this song has has other meanings but to me it has always reminded me of the strength of the women in my life.  I never had that strong male role model to teach me how to be a good man but maybe it was always a blessing. I knew what I shouldn't do as a man. 

I remember listening to my mother cry after my father had left. It's hard realizing that the one you love has chosen someone else. But my mother is an amazing woman. She got back on her feet and raised 4 children on her own. And if you know my sisters then you know it couldn't have been an easy task managing four kids who were all different people.

She always made sure I had the support I needed. One of my favorite memories is graduating from University because I could see on her face how proud she was of me. It was a good feeling and she always had enough pride in me for two parents. 

I was then blessed to marry a strong woman. Someone who was brave enough to dream of doing more for the world and take the steps to fulfill that dream. Every day that she leaves for school I am so proud to be married to someone who wants to make this world a better place for the future. 

I see how frustrated she gets with her studies and sometimes I make her even more frustrated but she always makes it through. She makes hard and she achieves her goals. While our students threw in the towel with the bus strike and even I thought it might be a good idea she found drives to school or walked home to get to her classes and mid-terms. It's her strength of character. She never gives up.

She makes me a better person. She's opened my eyes to so many things. I am blessed to have her in my life and I hope everyone else is blessed to find the woman who makes them a better man.

No comments:

Post a Comment