Monday, February 13, 2012

Top Ten: Love Stories

With Valentine's Day being tomorrow Amy and I thought we'd post our top ten Love stories. We had decided they would be from any movie, book, or TV show. TV shows were hard to work with from my end because I had a hard time separating the relationship from the overall storyline since not many TV shows center around romance only. I also only included one book couple cause I just do not read my romance novels as I'd rather see romance played out on film then on the page. The one couple I did include were easy to identify with so I included them. 

As always you can find Amy's list and all her other wonderful posts here: 

Absolutely Amy

And on to the list: 

10. It Could Happen To You





A cop doesn't have enough money to leave a tip so promises to return and split his winnings with the waitress. Amazing he wills the jackpot and then returns to actually split the earnings. Sounds far fetched but the movie is based on a true story. The movie shows how money can change some people and make you open your eyes to possibilities. The growing relationship between Charlie and Yvonne in the film is sweet to watch.  

9. Cruel Intentions



I like watching people fall in love.  I'm a sap in that way (one of many ways I'm a sap). It's a great story of making a bet to change someone and then falling in love who they are. This was also done in She's All That but it's done so much better in this film.

8. Jim and Michelle from American Pie


What's better then two geeks falling in love. I liked this story because they grew over the three films and am interested to see where they are in the fourth film. You got to see them grow from awkwardly having sex to getting married.

7.  Percy and Joey from Dawson`s Creek


A great example of not being able to get over one of your first loves.  You get to see then go from a mutual "hatred" to budding friendship to being a couple. I liked that they ended the show together because I always felt Pacey was better for her then Dawson.


6.  Katness and Peeta from The Hunger Games Trilogy




 First of all I couldn't find a video I liked to showcase Katness and Peeta. Besides that one of the reasons I rushed through the trilogy so fast was to see what would happen between then. I really enjoyed the way their relationship grew in the trilogy.


5. JD and Elliot from Scrubs 



I loved this one because from the start you just knew they were supposed to be together and then rest of the series you watched their ups and downs just wanting them to be together.

4. Nathan and Haley from One Tree Hill


When I first started watching One Tree Hill I expected Haley to go for Lucas. It just seemed the obvious thing that would happen. What I liked is that she fall for Nathan and in a rarity for TV shows they actually stayed together for the entire series (other then that horrible storyline in season 2 but everyone knew they'd eventually get back together). As nice as it is to watch people fall in love it's just a nice watching them struggle sometimes to stay in love.


3. Beauty and The Beast





Has there actually ever been a better love story then this one. The idea of getting to know someone for who they are and what they can be rather then just thinking they look good. I admit that first instinct is to go for someone attractive but I like the idea of getting to know someone and then slowing falling in love with them.

2.  The Notebook
 1. A Walk To Remember
 




I'm writing these two together because overall the idea of romance in them is similar. Both are based on Nicolas Sparks books and while The Notebook may be the more romantic of the two I enjoyed the story in A Walk to Remember better. Both show how people of different backgrounds can fall in love. It's somethings is a lot in entertainment but it is done really well in these two films.  

To all the lovers out there ... Happy Valentine's Day.

2 comments:

  1. I would have never guessed that you would pick A Walk to Remember for your number 1. A lot of your picks had made my top 20 pick, but I just couldn't drop them lower. I had The Notebook, Beauty & the beast, Nathan and Hailey, and Cruel Intensions. Peeta and Katniss ROCK! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love A Walk To Remember. I Always gets me when I watch it.

    ReplyDelete