Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Fitness Update 1

So last month I started going to the Dartmouth Sportsplex. I wasn't exactly excited to start but have come to actually enjoy it. Not so much the weight lifting exercises but I get through them.

Since starting last month I have lost 4 pounds. I think it would have been more but I still have to push myself to stop eating junk. I know the occasional treat is OK but I eat more then the occasional treat so I really need to cut down the snacks. I have been able to stop eating after 9 for the most part and I'd like to knock this down to no eating after 8 soon.

I started using this bike that uses a website to track your records:


I love it because it feeds into my competitive spirit easily by allowing me to not only try to beat my own scores but also try to beat the scores of other users in Dartmouth. I also enjoy the treadmills but I have always enjoyed them so that is nothing different. I still do not like the steppers. If I wanted to run stairs I`d go run real stairs. 

The Sportsplex also offers some great fitness classes. In the near future I want to try a spinning class and some of the aqua classes but I have tried Zumba and love it. Anyone that knows me knows I love dancing. I played the Wii version of Zumba and it was fun but frustrating because it scores your movements and sometimes I just want to move to the music. I`m the only guy that attends the class but that`s OK. It`s really fun and I wish more guys would become comfortable and try it out because it`s a good workout and you`re having fun so you don`t even notice. Here`s a video of my favorite dance I`ve done so far mostly because I really like the song. 


Starting next week I`m gonna try one of the morning aqua classes as well as Zumba at night. I haven`t used the pool there as much as I would like and I`ll have to change that in the future. 

That`s it for this month. I`ll keep it going so wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go!! Proud of you. It's not an easy path to take so your persistance is the key. Keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete