Monday, December 05, 2011

Music Monday: Ron Sexsmith - Maybe This Christmas


maybe this Christmas will mean something more
maybe this year love will appear
deeper than ever before
and maybe forgiveness will ask us to call
someone we love
someone we've lost
for reasons we can't quite recall
mmm, maybe this Christmas

Later this month I'll be posting my top ten Holiday songs but each Monday I'll be posting a song that I love but didn't make the list. 

I've always enjoyed Ron Sexsmith's music and loved when he was included on the Chrismukkah episode of the first season of The OC. 

I like the idea that Christmas can be more then just getting gifts and seeing family. It can be about mending fences with old friends. It can be about reconnecting with people who you have had disagreements with. The song makes me think a a scene from Home Alone where Kevin and the Old Man are talking about calling the Old Man's son so that he can see his son and granddaughter on Christmas day.

It's one of the things that this time of year should be about. Reaching out to people and finding a way to celebrate together. Accepting that the past is just the past and that you can have a future. 

The song is about hope which is what the Holiday season should be about.

No comments:

Post a Comment