Monday, December 12, 2011

Music Monday: Chantal Kreviazuk - Feels Like Home


It feels like home to me, it feels like home to me
It feels like I'm all the way back where I come from
It feels like home to me, it feels like home to me
It feels like I'm all the way back where I belong

It's not exactly a Christmas song but I use to listen to it a lot around this time while I was in University. I'd be studying for my finals and trying to keep my mind off the fact that I'd shortly be on a train back to Campbellton, NB. Where I'd get to see my family and friends. I would try to keep myself from thinking about singing really badly at Taps or dancing at the Flagship. Spending time at Al's playing video games or walking through the McDonald's Drive-Thru at 2 in the morning with Troy. 

This song also helped me stay focussed on the task so once I was done I good have one last drinking night with my friends at X before being hung over and trying to not be sick on the train. 

This song proves that lyrics don't have to be about the holidays to make it a festive song. It's about the meaning that you grasp from the lyrics and what they mean to your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment