Monday, October 17, 2011

Tuesday Top Ten: Video Games


I don't play video games as much as I use to play and when I do play it's usually an old game on the Wii Virtual Console or WiiFit/Wii Sports. 

Regardless I thought I'd countdown my ten favorite video games ever. First I'll start with a few Honorable mentions. A few games I love but they did not quite make the list but deserve to be mentioned. And then on the list.

 Honorable Mentions:

Chrono Trigger
Legend of Zelda: Link to the Past
Base Wars
Wii Sports/Wii Sports Resort/WiiFit
Rock Band
Dig Dug/Frogger/Pacman/Tetris/Pong
World of Warcraft
Megaman
Donkey Kong Country
NFL 2K
Wave Rave 64

10. Super Mario Kart


Rory, Ryan and I spent a lot of time competing at this game. And even through Rory won most of the time it doesn't take away from how much fun the game was. 

9. Worms Armageddon


How can you not include a game that has Sheep, Banana, and Holy Bombs. This use to be a get game to play with the guys at Al's. With all the side alliances and the agreements to kill off Rene and Rory. It also gave Rory a chance to ask Al if he still had "Worms" in the lobby of McDonald's.
8. WWE Smarkdown!


I know it's geeky but it was always fun to create ourselves in this game and then fight as ourselves. I wish someone had taken the time to take screen captures of the characters. Especially with our eerily alike Troy and his character looked. With the facial hair and the hairy chest. Plus any game that gives you a chance to see the announcer yell "Oh My God. Here comes Roorrrrrrry!" has to be great.

7. NBA Jam


Last time I went to Campbellton Troy and I spent any entire afternoon just playing this game. It's a classic. 

6. Sonic the Hedgehog 2


Never as good as Mario but Sonic has a special place in my heart. I was never a big fan of Sega but when I did play the system it was always this game.
 
5. Dragon Warrior


For some reason when my family got around to buying a Nintendo the system came with this game rather then Super Mario Bros even through the box said it had Super Mario Bros. inside. So this was the first Nintendo game I ever owned and the first game I ever flipped. 
4. Final Fantasy 1V


I always enjoyed the Final Fantasy games because they had great story lines behind the game play. This game had so many twists and turns. I remember I played this game a lot with my mother. We were both hooked to the game.
 
3. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time


In my opinion the best game in the Nintendo 64 and arguably the best Zelda game. I was never a big fan of the Nintendo 64 but I bought it for this game.
2. Super Mario 3


 I can still play this game for hours without getting sick of it. It's amazing how I can remember every little trick in this game but I cannot remember birthdays of my family most of the time. I spent so many hours of my childhood flying through the air as a raccoon or turning into a statue.

1. Final Fantasy VI


The best story line ever in a video game. This game had so many great elements and I was really happy when Nintendo finally released it on the Wii Virtual Console in North America.

No comments:

Post a Comment