Thursday, September 22, 2011

Tuesday Top Ten: Couples That Should Have Happened.

  This week I worked with a friend of mine, Amy, to come up with a list of ten TV character pairings that we felt had chemistry but for whatever reason the writers never let them be a couple. These are couples that I don't necessarily think should have ended up together but they should have been given the chance to be more then just friends.

Amy and I really on had one rule. Any couple listed had to have no potential to still get together. Either the show had to no longer be running or one of the two characters had to be off the show with no chance to return.This rule eliminated couples such as Dan and Blair from Gossip Girl and Puck and Quinn from Glee.

My intention was to come up with one list together and each post that on our blogs. I then remembered that we are both very opinionated on what TV we like and although we have similar tests we do have some differences that would make it difficult to actually agree on a complete top ten. I was surprised we were able to narrow it down to ten couples and a honorable mention. 


You can found her list here: Absolutely Amy

Now on to my Top Ten:


Honorable Mention: Hurley and Libby


Amy really wanted this couple included. Personally I felt they were a couple in the show but I agreed that it could be argued that they weren't before Libby was killed off.

10. Max & Alec


This choice was more Amy's pick then mine. I've never watched the show but from the many fan made videos I've seen they seemed like they should have been a couple. I guess they would have been if the show had lasted longer.

9. Jeremy & Anna


These two had great chemistry with each other. I properly wouldn't have included them if I had done the list alone because I liked Jeremy with Bonnie but that came afterwards and while Anne lasted on the show she worked well with Jeremy and I think they could have been a great couple given the chance.


8. Xander and Willow


I've never been a Buffy fan but I agreed to this couple because from what I have seen of the show I always pictured these two becoming a couple at some point. Even if it wouldn't have lasted I always they were such great friends that they would have made a sweet couple.

7. Mal & Inara


I watched the first two episodes of Firefly and didn't care for it but Amy convinced me to include them by showing me a youtube clip that showcased there chemistry. Not sure what the writers were thinking not giving these two a shot.
6. Jack & Juliet


This couple is purely based on the chemistry between the characters. They worked so well together and even I liked Jack with Kate I wanted these two to at least have a shot to be a couple.


5. Sawyer & Kate


I feelings on these two are very similar to Jack and Juliet. They rated higher because they were a potential couple from the start of the series rather then being introduced later in the series.

4. Eli & Maggie


This show should have lasted longer but I've excepted the fact that it's over. I rated this "couple" higher because they connected so well together and I know that the writers would have never let them be a couple. They would have always just been really good friends who have really great chemistry.


3. Kyle & Tess


This is one of the things from Roswell that I think the writers messed up. I know that they had there plan for Tess and her being evil and all but Kyle should have gotten a little action before it was revealed.

2. Pacey & Jen



I never fully understood why Pacey and Jen never got the chance to be a couple. They had obvious chemistry with each other and they would have worked well together. Also Jen is far less annoying then Joey. I mean sure, every good teen soap needs that love triangle conflict but they could have made these two a couple even temporarily.

1. Clark & Chloe



I always felt Clark had more chemistry with Chloe then Lana. They had a small window to let these two be more then friends and the writers were just two in love with the Lana character to really roll the dice on Clark and Chloe. It's a pity because I think they could have worked for a season or two as a couple.

2 comments:

  1. This was a real fun activity to do together. I look forward to the next one. same rules should apply, we narrow it down together and then we put it in our own order. :)

    ReplyDelete