Monday, September 19, 2011

Music Monday: Songs that cheer me up

It's not that I am depressed. I'm a pretty happy guy overall. I have a good life. A roof over my head and a wife that loves me. I'm a lucky guy.

But even with such a wonderful life we all need songs that just cheer us up. Here are three songs that just make me smile and dance around in my head. Songs that make me sing even though I am a  horrible singer.  Here they are. I hope they make you nod your head and sing out loud.


Monkees - Daydream Believer


Cheer up, sleepy Jean, oh what can it mean
To a daydream believer and a homecoming queen?

Joni Mitchell - Big Yellow Taxi


Don't it always seem to go
That you don't know what you've got till it's gone
They paved paradise and put up a parking lot 

Dexy's Midnight Runners - Come On Eileen

 
Come on, Eileen,
Oh I swear (well he means) at this moment
You mean ev'rything.
You in that dress,
my thoughts, I confess,
verge on dirty.
Ah, Come on Eileen.

1 comment:

  1. Daydream Believer, perfect, always cheers me up too

    ReplyDelete