Monday, August 22, 2011

Music Monday: The Drums - Down By The Water


I know its hard I know its hard I know its hard to be in this position
if they stop loving you I wont stop loving you
if they stop needing you I'll still need you my dear
If you fall asleep down by the water baby I'll carry you all the way home 

We all have moments when we feel hopeless. Like our lives could end and no one would care. It's a crippling feeling and can hold us captive. It's also not easy to fight our way out of the feeling.
I had moments when I felt like I was being left behind. What I came to realize is that we all have people that care about us, whether it is a partner, parent, sibling, best friend, or even a pet. We all have people that love us no matter what we do. We can push them away. We can turn away from them but no matter what they will always be there to love us. To carry us home.

It's something that we all need to realize. Take a second to relax and breathe. Then look around at the people who love you and fight your way back to normal. 

Let them carry you home.

2 comments: