Monday, May 02, 2011

Music Monday: Jeff Buckley "Hallelujah"


  

And from your lips she drew the Hallelujah

I've always loved the lyrics of this song. It's been covered by a lot of people but Jeff Buckley's version has always been my favorite version. His voice adds extra meaning and depth to the lyrics and he adds great emotion to the way he sings the song.The song was written by Leonard Cohen who is a wonderful and talented song writer. He's also Canadian which makes him even better.

The song always relaxes my mind. It's so peaceful and romantic. I use to listen to it when I was studying for exams because it was so slow and mellow. It helped me focus.The lyrics and melody flow so beautifully that you can't help but sit back and just enjoy the moment.


1 comment:

  1. LOVE this song soooo much! Everything you wrote about it is 100% my opinion too :D

    ReplyDelete