Friday, April 29, 2011

Quick Take: Food, Inc.

This documentary will change the way you view the grocery store. It'll definitely make you want to change the way you eat. There were so many aspects of the film that made me cringe from the way the animals are handled to the family who had to eat fast food because it was cheaper then buying healthy groceries. It was so sad seeing the little girl who wanted some pears but couldn't get them because a pound of pears was only three pears and it was just too expensive for the family. It bought back some memories that I don't care to remember.

I am glad I watched the film. I would rather know most of the truth then feel blind. It was a telling fact that none of the food manufacturers would agree to be interviewed for the documentary.

I think everyone should see this film but be warned. It will make you change the way you do your grocery shopping.

2 comments:

  1. Nessa and I stopped buying meat from the grocery store and we want to try to not get things with Glucose Fructose as much as possible. That one is hard cause its in a lot of tasty things.But we did find a farmers market where we can buy free range meats and it's not too expensive.

    ReplyDelete