Monday, May 23, 2011

Music Monday: Eva Cassidy "Time After Time


If you're lost you can look--and you will find me
Time after time
If you fall I will catch you--I'll be waiting
Time after time

This song has been performed by a lot of great singers but this is my favorite version of the song. Eva Cassidy sings with such emotion and her voice adds so much to the song but it's really the lyrics that make me love the song and she sings it in a way that you can really feel the lyrics.

I like the thought that there is someone you can love so much that you can promise to be there for them no matter what. That they can call and you'd come running without thinking twice. That you get nervous when they don't answer phone calls and texts. You get so nervous that you leave work early and rush home just to make sure they are OK. And no matter how many times it happens and how many times they end up being OK the next time it happens you still get nervous because the thought of something being wrong drives you crazy and you feel like nothing will ever seem right until you know they are safe.

People say love will drive you crazy and sometimes it seems like they may be right. But I'll take crazy over anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment