Monday, May 09, 2011

Current Five (May)

1. The Voice: The first two episodes surprised me with how much I enjoyed the show and I am looking forward to how they do the show now that the blind auditions are over. The judges on the show are funny and work well with each other and there are a few singers who I am interested in seeing what they do next.

2. TV Up Fronts and Season finales: May is the month that most TV shows end their seasons and you get all the exciting season cliffhangers that drive you crazy all summer. It's also the month when the major networks announce their new shows and their new fall schedules. It gets a little tense when some of the shows I like aren't renewed going into May. This year I have Chuck that I'd like to come back but most other shows I watch are already renewed, announced final seasons or shows that have passed their peaks and I'd be OK if they ended as long as the ending is satisfying.

3. Adele: Her new album is amazing starting with the lead single, "Rolling In The Deep." She has such an amazing voice and I love that she's so popular right now because she's not what you would expect record companies to want to push and she found a way to have a successful career. It's always refreshing when someone can succeed mostly on talent.

4. Throne of Fire: Book two in Rick Riordan's Kane Chronicles series which I am looking forward to reading as soon as I get the chance to buy the book or the library gets it in stock. Whichever happens first.

5. NBA and NHL Playoffs: Basketball playoffs have been crazy this year and the Lakers were eliminated which is awesome. And if Vancouver would smarten up and play some hockey we might have a Stanley Cup in Canada.

1 comment:

  1. I like this concept of posting what you're currently loving this month or season or whatnot.. I may take this from you. My obsessions tend to change by the season and it would be interesting to post it I think.

    Adele is growing on me. She gets a lot of play on Serius radio and as time went on, I began to like her more and more. she is very talented and has an amazing voice.

    I'm excited for the season finales too as well as the announcements for the new fall pick ups.

    ReplyDelete