Saturday, April 02, 2011

Quick Take on Mobbed and Grey's Anatomy the Musical Event

Mobbed:

I was intrigued by the premise of the show. Getting over 1000 people to dance and sing to surprise someone. There were parts that I couldn't understand why someone would agree to do it but luckily for those involved things worked out. There was a little drama but the producers and actors did a good job diffusing the situations before it could blow up.

Watching the final result of the mob was great. The reaction of the participant was sweet and the as she seen it all play out I teared up with her. I'm not sure how the show would work out in the long run but I'm interested in seeing more.

Grey's Anatomy:

First off I must say that the singing voices of the cast were amazing. Sara Ramirez was amazing in the episode and should enter the episode when she goes for Best Supporting Actress.

I thought the characters singing would be distracting but it worked as a "special" episode. It probably helps that I love musicals. I can definitely see why some people will hate the episode. The songs they choose to cover were excellent choices. I loved hearing different takes on some of my favorite songs like "How to Save A Life", "Chasing Cars", and "Breathe."

The scene with Alex's hickey was hilarious. Seattle Grace Mercy Death quote cracked me up. It's sad because I think they are using Alex in the same way they used George a few seasons ago. He is underused and it seems wrong because he is the character I have always enjoyed the most.

It did feel wrong that all the hospitals best doctors were working on Callie. I know she's a fellow doctor and all that but what about the other patients. Apparently no one else needs help.

Overall it was a good episode. I think other shows have executed the musical episode better. Scrubs and Fringe did better musical episodes. And I hear the Buffy musical episode was good. But I did enjoy the episode as a whole and liked that they used songs that were previous played in key moments during the show's run.

1 comment:

  1. I liked it too... but not that much... review is posted now.

    ReplyDelete