Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Quick Take on The Kids Are Alright

This movie was good but not as good as I had expected it to be. With all the critical acclaim it was given I expected more to it then what was delivered.

The story was realistic which I liked. I fully understood the children's need to know where they came from. To discover what the other half is. To wonder not only what the other person is like but to also try to get a glimpse of who may you someday be. I also understood the need of the adults to feel needed and appreciated. The emotions involved were very truthful and human.

The acting in the movie was also very well done. I continue to be impressed with the range of character Mark Ruffalo can do and have always enjoyed Annette Bening and Julianne Moore. I also enjoyed to younger characters.

It's not that I didn't enjoy the movie. It's that I can't see myself wanting to watch it again. It's not a movie I would ever want to own. I most likely would watch it again if asked nicely but have no real desire to watch it again on my own. But I would say anyone should give it a try for the well acted stories.

2 comments:

  1. have it on my ever-growing to-watch list. I'll let you know what I think once I finally see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're too nice

    ReplyDelete