Monday, April 18, 2011

Music Monday: The Avett Brothers - I and Love and You

I totally stole this from Lisa but she did say it was ok so I don't feel so bad. She is totally free to steal any of my topics as well as I think it's all fair. I'll always include a video of the song and my favorite lyric from the song as well as why I love it.



Three words that became hard to say
I and love and you

Like many great songs I listen to I found this song by watching One Tree Hill. Say what you will about the show but one thing they have always done right is the music they use to set the scenes. In my opinion they have done the best job with music selection of any TV show ever. The only ones that may come close are Grey's Anatomy and The OC.

I like the song because it's such a sad song. Listening to it reminds me of my parents. They separated when I was young and even through it sucked then, looking back it was one of the best things that ever happened to me. I'm not saying being raised by one parent is a great thing. I truly believe that ever child deserves to be raised by loving parents. But when the situation is wrong. When one of the people just doesn't want to be a parent. When it's hard to say I Love You to someone it's time to move on and start the next phrase of your life. Being raised by a single mother made me stronger and it made me know what love is. It's something that should never be hard to say. I grew into a loving husband because of that early lesson. But the song is a reminder of that lesson and a reminder to always say I Love You because it's so easy to say it when you mean it.

3 comments:

  1. OMG you're gonna make me cry! What a beautiful post and a beautiful song too. I've always loved One Tree Hill music. I agree with you that they have amazing music selection for scenes and that The OC and Grey's Anatomy do as well. I have to add one though.... Dawson's Creek will always be my favorite. Before the music change for the DVD, DC had AMAZING music picks that set the scenes perfectly! And for me, OTH was kinda reminiscent of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had actually forgotten about Dawson's Creek. They were forced into a lot of changes for the DVDs and that sucked because a lot of the changes made me feel different about key scenes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The same happened for me. That is why when I see reruns on TV, I'm always ready to watch it cause it always brings me back to my teens... The DVD doesn't always do that...

    ReplyDelete