Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Tuesday Top Ten: TV shows that introduced me to great Music.

Doing this list was fun because I rediscovered some songs I didn't have on my iPod or just haven't listened to in a while. It also made me remember a lot of great scenes in my favorite TV shows and want to watch a lot of TV which is nothing new for me but I want to watch a lot of old shows all at once which is a little difficult.

Without any more waiting here's the list. Amy and Lisa can debate my list below :)

10. Eli Stone – Aqualung: Something to Believe In


Honourable Mention: John Butler Trio, Chad Doucette, "The One You Knew" by Joshua Radin

9. Friday Night Lights – Bright Eyes: Devil Town


 Honourable Mention: Mat Kearney, Explosions In The Sky, Drive-By Truckers, "Goodbye" by Steve Earle
  
8. Roswell – Sheryl Crow: I Shall Believe



Honourable Mention: Sensefield, Dido, "Fear" by Sarah McLachlan, Filter
  
7. Grey’s Anatomy – Snow Patrol – Chasing Cars



Honourable Mention: Ingrid Michaelson, Cary Brothers Greg Laswell

 6. Smallville – Mindy Smith: One More Moment



Honourable Mention: Remy Zero, Stabbing Westward, Stretch Princess, Greg Jones, Eva Cassidy

5. Everwood – Jack Harlen: Please Don't Pass Me By



Honourable Mention: Jonny Lang, Matt Nathanson, Jump Little Children, David Mead, Jars of Clay

4. Scrubs - Josh Radin: Winter



Honourable Mention: Jeremy Kay, Colin Hay, Del Amitri, Josh Radin, Lazlo Bane, Obadiah Parker

3. The OC – Patrick Park: Life is a Song



Honourable Mention : Phantom Planet, Imogen Heap, Jem, Nada Surf,  Joesph Arthur, Matt Pond PA

2. Dawson’s Creek – Pancho’s Lament: Promise Me This



Honourable Mention: Eagle Eye Cherry, Sophie B. Hawkins, Five For Fighting, Shawn Colvin, Splender, Shawn Mullins, Mary Beth Maziarz,  Deb Talan, Billie Myers

1. One Tree Hill - Switchfoot: Dare You To Move



 Honourable Mention: Jimmy Eat World, Gavin Degraw, Laura Izabor, Matt White, Ray LaMontagne, Kate Voegele, Pete Frances, Eastmoutainsouth, Howie Day, Augustana, Tyler Hilton, The Weepies



2 comments:

  1. That was a beautiful trip down memory lane!! I loved all of your picks, but I'm not sure I'd pick the same ones. I have never watched Scrubs, but that scene was sad...
    I've decided to steal this one from you someday. I'd like to share my best TV music moments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you'd enjoy Scrubs. It's very funny but also has dramatic moments that make you think like the one above.

    ReplyDelete