Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Remember when Facebook felt cooler?

I remember when I first signed up for Facebook and it felt like such a great idea. It was a easy way to keep in touch with old friends and everyone was doing it. I look back and remember when I logged in because I really wanted to and not because it was a dirty habit I couldn't break.

Now I log in and instantly regret it. I end up reading about people's life and learning things I really never wanted or cared to know. It's like a secret diary except the whole world gets to read it. And you get to see people bitching about each other and threatening to beat each other up. It's all really maddening.

So everyday I log in, get frustrated, vow to close my account but I never do. Why? Because it helps me keep track of people's birthdays and anniversaries. It's a very easy way to say Happy Birthday or Merry Christmas to old friends. There are also a few people who don't post such personal stuff that I do like having easy access to say hello. Also it's a dirty habit I just can't break. I wonder if they have support groups?


As long as people don't start posting their bathroom breaks I'll probably stick around forever.

It's the internet ... what else is there to do?

1 comment:

  1. instead of removing people and causing a dramatic scene about who deleted who, I just make all the people who's posts i can't stand, invisible. You should try it. Very liberating and yet no one gets hurt. It can be your dirty little secret :p

    ReplyDelete