Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Quick Take on Black Swan

Watched Black Swan this evening with my wife. I can see why Natalie Portman won the Best Actress Oscar but I didn't really like the film. I felt the same way about Darren Aronofsky's previous film, The Wrestler. The acting was well done but there were a lot of moments where I was just wondering what the hell was going on. Once you grasp the premise you start to understand what they are attempting to do. I just wasn't feeling the delivery.

But it was better then Inception.

3 comments:

  1. I LOVED Inception soooo much. I was mesmerized and fascinated and found myself waiting for the "mind-fuck" that didn't come. I've always been facinated by the world of dreams and so Inception really latched on and didn't let go. I may, in fact, write a blog entry all about it.
    I look forward to watching Black Swan soon enough :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt Inception had too many plot holes. But there are a lot of people who love the movie. That's the beauty of movies like Inception. There's no middle ground. You either love it or hate it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah that's true. It's funny how that sometimes is the case with certain movies and books.

    ReplyDelete