Monday, April 08, 2013

Tuesday Top Ten: Ten Moments That Hooked Me To A Show

Anyone that knows me knows that I love Television. I talked my wife into getting a DVR a few years ago because I work nights and it is far easier to record shows then take the time to download them later. We also record enough shows to make the DVR worth having. 

Every show has that moment when you become hooked to the show and vow to watch it on a weekly basis while it is airing.  Without that moment the interest in the show slowly dies until you remove it from the Series Record list and never watch it again. 

Below are eleven moments from some of my favorite shows ever. It's not really a top ten list. Really it is the eleven moments I could find on YouTube for the list.  

Why eleven? Because I am doing this list at the same time my friend Amy will be posting hers on her blog. She informed me she had thirteen shows and I tried to match but YouTube was just not cooperating with my picks so I threw in the towel and stopped at eleven. 

You can see her list and blog here.  

New Girl


Season 1 Episode 3

This was the scene where I could really see the four main characters really being friends. I thought the show was funny but I just didn't fully see the characters connecting with each other until dancing to Groovy Kind of Love. After that the show clicked for me.

Everwood 


Season 1 Episode 2

I had to watch the pilot twice before moving on to the second episode. I just didn't love the pilot but by the end of episode 2 I was hooked to the dynamics between Andy and Ephraim. I grew to love more about the show but that is the storyline that initially drew me in.

Smallville


Season 1 Episode 1

I have always been a fan of Superman and the thing that drew me in was the idea of Clark and Lex being friends before becoming mortal enemies. I was hooked from their first scene together to the growing friendship plus Tom Welling and Michael Rosenbaum work so well off each other.


One Tree Hill


Season 1 Episode 1

The pilot grew like a movie leading to the climatic basketball game at the end where the hero wins the game. Except that game wasn't the end of the story since it was a TV show I got continue to watch for years.

The OC


Season 1 Episode 3

It's not that I didn't enjoy the show for the first two episodes. It just took Ryan becoming part of the family for the show to really work for me.


Friday Night Lights


Season 1 Episode 1

There wasn't really a scene in the pilot that hooked me as the entire pilot hooked me in. I immediately connected with the characters and instantly loved what the show was trying to do with the storylines. Extra points for actually paralyzing the star Quarterback when I expected him to be walking by the third episode.

Scrubs


Season 1 Episode 4

This was the episode that showed that the show could be more then just a really funny comedy. It showed that the show could have a more emotional side to it which added to the story.

 Lost


Season 1 Episode 1

The scene was the first one that made me over think everything that was happening on the show. I would spend the next five seasons analyzing everything that happened only to be slightly disappointed in the end.

 Fringe


Season 1 Episode 1

What initally drew me to the continue watching the show was the relationship between Walter and Peter and how they worked off each other. The ending of the episode helped because it presented a mystery worth coming back for.

Survivor


Entire Season 1

The scene I was going to use was actually the first tribal council but let's face it. Every twist and turn in the first season and the way Richard Hatch played the game is what hooked me in for the next 25 seasons.

 Grey's Anatomy



Season 1 Episode 9

I didn't get hooked on the show until the finale when I had to wait an entire summer to see what would happen with the cliffhanger. I had downloaded Season 1 after it aired all nine episodes because some friends said it was good but it was the cliffhanger that hooked me and got me to watch Season 2 when it aired in the following fall.

1 comment:

  1. Great picks!! I didn't think about that scene of The OC but it was a great one! And the Greys Anatomy scene was perfect too! I did't put Grey's on my list cause I honestly can't remember when I went from like to love with that show...
    The New Girl scene was a great pick! I didn't think of it, but I can understand why it drew you into the characters. It was a true friend dynamic moment. reminds me of our early 20s

    ReplyDelete