Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Tuesday Top Ten: Best Non-Romantic TV Couples

I was going to use this topic around Valentine's but I got lazy and just wasn't in the mood for blogging so it got left on the back burner. But now I am in the mood for blogging and this list will hit the interwebs. 

This list will be made up of TV relationships that never crossed the line into romance. Each entry will be two people who had their ups and downs as friends or family and entertained without needing to have a crazy fandoms fighting about their relationships.

10. Jack and Ty (Heartland)  


At the beginning of the series Ty was desperately in need of a father figure to help him get his life straight and Jack fit that mold perfectly. Watching their relationship grow from annoyance to a great father and son relationship. 
 

9. Ted and Marshall (How I Met Your Mother)


The show is about Ted finding his wife but to be honest I love the show more for the relationships and Ted and Marshall is the best of the non-romantic couples. Maybe it's because their friendship reminds me of the some of the friends I have in real life. 

8. Andy and Harold (Everwood)


There was so many great things about Everwood and I am still pissed the CW didn't give it a fifth season but hopefully someday I'll get over that. Hidden in the background was the growing friendship between Andy and Harold. Often it was hilarious arguments that brought them together but you always felt the mutual respect they had for each other. 

7. Erica and Dr. Tom (Being Erica)


The relationship clicked because it required a lot of trust from the very start of the series. The show was high concept and seeing the relationship grow from doctor patient to father and daughter figures was the best part of the show.

 6. Ryan and Seth (The OC)


One of the first things that hooked me to the show was the instant camaraderie between Ryan and Seth. In the later seasons when the show fall apart their friendship still stayed strong and was one of the only things to enjoy.

5. The Big Bang guys (The Big Bang Theory)


It would take a lot of patience to be friends with Sheldon but these guys pull it off in a great and hilarious way. 

4. Lucas and Haley (One Tree Hill)


On a show teen show where relationships changed from episode to episode it was nice to have one friendship that never really wavered and have a guy and girl that could just be friends without the messy aspects of romance. 

3. Jen and Jack (Dawson's Creek)


Like One Tree Hill after it Dawson's Creek was mostly about the couples and whether you wanted Joey to be with Dawson or Pacey but the friendship betwen Jack and Jen allowed for an escape from that drama. 
 

2. Rory and Lorelai (Gilmore Girls)

The couple worked because they were able to have both a Mother/Daughter relationship as well as act like best friends. There were so many dimensions to the relationship that drove the show. 

1. Clark and Lex (Smallville)


Everyone knows the story of Superman. And in that story Lex is the main villain. What made the early seasons of Smallville was the friendship between Clark and Lex. It was interesting to see the two future enemies act as if they were brothers and see what drove them apart. 
 

2 comments:

  1. I love your choices! & I love that you have Lucas and Haley because I just simply adored them from day one and I found they focused on their friendship much more in the first season then they did later. It makes sense, but I was disappointed that we didn't get more of them.

    Ryan and Seth, I loved them from the very beginning! You are making me want to re-watch The OC now! Also Jack and Jen, I almost forgot about them. Such a great friendship, they were one of my favorite parts of that show

    I really need to cath up on Being Erica!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added Lucas and Haley at the last minute because I forgot them at first but then knew they needed to be on the list.

    ReplyDelete