Wednesday, March 27, 2013

For a friend



I may not know what you are going through. I may not know how dark the days get but I did think you should know you are wonderful. Even if you don't see it now someday you will look back and know that these lonely days made you stronger. It may never be a  perfect life because nothing is perfect but it will be better. 

You deserve better.

I am always available to talk. Even if it is not what you need to talk about. I have some songs I can recommend you listen to or a movie you should watch.  I know somethings are difficult to talk about so just know I can just talk about random things. I can be the voice in the loneliness or just an ear to listen. 

Sometimes we just need to vent and sometimes we just need to know someone is listening or that there is a voice to comfort and support. 

And even if you don't want to talk. Maybe you need the quiet to feel normal. If that is the case I hope you can take comfort in the fact that someone is there to listen whenever you are ready. I also hope that I am not the only to tell you this. I am sure there are  many people who are willingly to be there for you. I hope they are stepping up to bat but if they are not you shouldn't be afraid to ask.

 Real friends will listen and even better friends will help in any way possible. That's just how friendship works. 

I won't say any more for now. Just take care of yourself in whatever way feels best to you. Everything else will work itself out. 

 Comfort by Deb Talen
 
When everyone has gone to sleep and you are wide awake
there's no one left to tell your troubles to.
Just an hour ago, you listened to their voices
lilting like a river over underground
and the light from downstairs came up soft like daybreak
dimly as the heartache of a lonely child.

If you can't remember a better time
you can have mine, little one.
In days to come when your heart feels undone
may you always find an open hand
and take comfort wherever you can.

And oh, it's a strange place.
And oh, everyone with a different face
but just like you thought when you stopped here to linger
we're only as separate as your little fingers.

So cry, why not? we all do
then turn to one you love
and smile a smile that lights up all the room.
Follow your dreams in through every out-door
it seems that's what we're here for.

And when you can't remember a better time
you can have mine, little one.
In days to come when your heart feels undone
may you always find an open hand
and take comfort, there is comfort.
Take comfort wherever you can, you can, you can. 

No comments:

Post a Comment