Monday, June 04, 2012

Music Monday: Songs that always make me think of TV shows #1

This week I'm gonna post a few songs that when I hear then I instantly think of the scene they were used in on a TV show. TV has allowed me to discover many artists and songs that I would not have heard of other wise. It is an incredible medium to discover indie artists and bands that would not otherwise be known. This will be the first in a few segments I'll do.

I'm not going to include what show the songs were included in. You can guess if you would like.

Jose Gonzalez - Heartbeats


One night to be confused
One night to speed up truth
We had a promise made
Four hands and then away

Beth Nielson Chapman - Say Goodnight Not Goodbye


Don't you fear when you dream
Waking up is never what it seems
Like a jewel buried deep
Like a promise meant to keep

You are everything you want to be
So just let your heart reach out to me
I'll be right by your side
Say goodnight not good-bye

Jump Little Children - Cathedrals


In the shadows of tall buildings
Of fallen angels on the ceilings
Oily feathers in bronze and concrete
Faded colors, pieces left incomplete
The line moves slowly past the electric fence
Across the borders between continents

In the cathedrals of New York and Rome
 There is a feeling that you should just go home
And spend a lifetime finding out just where that is 




Mindy Smith - One Moment More


Hold me
Even though I know you're leaving
And show me
All the reasons you would stay
It's just enough to feel your breath on mine
To warm my soul and ease my mind
You've got to hold me and show me now

Give me
Just one part of you to cling to
And keep me
Everywhere you are
It's just enough to steal my heart and run
And fade out with the falling sun

Oh, please don't go
Let me have you just one moment more
Oh, all I need
All I want is just one moment more
You've got to hold me and keep me


Joe Purdy - Wash Away


I got troubles oh, but not today
Cause they're gonna wash away
They're gonna wash away

And I have sins Lord, but not today
Cause they're gonna wash away
They're gonna wash away

And I had friends oh, but not today
Cause they're done washed away
They're done washed away

No comments:

Post a Comment