Sunday, May 13, 2012

Music Monday: Mother's Day Edition



You taught me everything
Everything you've given me
I'll always keep it inside
You're the driving force in my life, yeah

There isn't anything
Or anyone that I could be
And it just wouldn't feel right
If I didn't have you by my side

You were there for me to love and care for me
When skies were gray
Whenever I was down
You were always there to comfort me

And no one else can be
What you have been to me you will always be
You will always be the girl
In my life for all times

Mama, Mama you know I love you
Mama, Mama you're the queen of my heart
Your love is like tears from the stars
Mama I just want you to know lovin' you is like food to my soul

My mother was always there for me. We have had our disagreements and I haven't always agreed with things that she has done but she was always a great mother to me. 

She always pushed me to be better then I thought I could be. She made sure I excelled at school pushing me to graduated and go further in life. She always accepted who I was but she knew I could do anything I wanted and helped me get where I wanted to be.

 I remember she was working in the school library. One day I had decided to skip my business class and go play baseball. I had this friend who ratted me out to the teacher and when the teacher went to ask my mom where I was she covered for me without evening thinking about it. That is what a mother does. They protect their children without thinking about it. And my mother is a horrible liar. That was one of the things I got from her. We are horrible at lying but she was able to pull it off for me. 

She was also there for me when I graduated from University. It may not seem like a major thing for a mother to attend her only son's university graduation but when money is tight and there is a 8 hour car drive between Campbellton and Antigonish it is nice to know that you have a mother who will sacrifice other things to make sure she is there on one of the best days of your life. But that is another thing mothers do. They sacrifice for their children. Whether it's handing over a $20 to buy a CD or spending hundreds to make sure she is there to see her son get his diploma. 

I'm lucky to be blessed with a wonderful Mother.

 Happy Mother's Day
I Love You Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment