Sunday, April 15, 2012

Top Ten Movie Twists


I've heard that the new film Cabin in The Woods has a nice twist in it. I haven't seen it yet but it made me think of other great movie twists which is how I got to the list below. 


It goes without saying that it you live under a rock and haven't seen these movies then you should probably turn away as there are spoilers below.




10. Drew Barrymore dies in Scream


She was on the poster for the film. She was even prominently placed on the poster. She was a huge star which made sense to have her in the film. I remember thinking there was no way they would kill her at the start and watching waiting for her to be saved. I was shocked yet thrilled when she was actually killed off as it felt like I was seeing something that was truly different even if the killing of a big star had been done before Scream.

9. David Drayton kills his son right before he is rescued in The Mist


This one is more sad then shocking. I couldn't imagine what was going through the characters mind and the ending is different then how the Novella ends.

8. Tyler Durden is imaginary in Fight Club


I couldn't find a great clip for this one but I love the ending. I had the feeling that a twist was coming while watching but was surprised what the twist ended up being.

7. The mother is dead in Psycho


I chose this one mostly because the scene freaked me out when I was young.

6. Verbal Kint is Keyser Söze in The Usual Suspects


One of the best reveals of a twist ever ...

5. Jigsaw gets up in Saw


Other then this one which almost felt like it came out of no where but still blew my mind.

4. They are on Earth in The Planet of the Apes


I loved this movie growing up (The remake is horrible) and always enjoyed the reveal at the end. This was the first ending to a film I can remember being truly surprised for.

3. Michael Faraday is tricked into driving the bomb into the building in Arlington Road

  
 We watched this movie in High School at the end of Grade 12. I had a teacher who always just showed movies for History class and at the end of the year he put this on because he wanted to see the film. I remember having no interest in seeing it and then slowly becoming invested in the characters and story. It's an ending that makes you think.
2. Bruce Willis is dead the entire time in The Sixth Sense


Luckily I was able to see this one without being spoiled since I saw it opening weekend. I also don't care what people say. I do not believe they saw it coming.

1. There is no Aaron in Primal Fear


I saw the twist coming but it's how it played out that makes this one the best in my book. I was so sure I knew what was going on only to have it flipped on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment