Saturday, February 04, 2012

Top Ten: Commercials


 Super Bowl Sunday means that during every commercial break companies will spend over 3 million dollars for a 30 second spot to try to impress 80-100 million people. Every year companies bend over backwards to have the most talked about commercial. Of course here in Canada we'll have to wait an extra day for most commercials although Budweiser was cool and smart enough to know Canadians drink too much and made a commercial that will only be viewed in Canada during the Superbowl. I have included that commercial plus my top ten below.


10. Pepsi Stuff – JT


I'm a fan of Justin Timberlake and really enjoyed the other celebrity cameos through the commercial. 
9. McDonald’s: Play for a Big Mac


I grew up eating a lot of McDonald's and loving basketball so watching two of the greatest players ever take ridiculous shots always amused me. 
 
8. Volkswagon: Darth Vader


I just thought this commercial was really cute and showed the imagination of kids. 
 
7. Diet Pepsi Max: What is Love?


As many friends will remember, from many different parties, Troy and I loved forcing people to "dance" to this song. When I hear the song I can't stop myself from nodding my head. It's just ingrained into my sub-conscious. The commercial plays into this so well especially with Chris Kattan at the end of the commercial.
 
6. Budweiser: Wassup


Sure it's annoying now but for at least a year you couldn't call a buddy without saying wassup. 
 
5. NFL Network: Tomorrow



I love this commercial. Every few weeks the song just gets stuck in my head and I like watching other people who can't sing.
 
4. Nike: Basketball


This commercial use to fascinate me. The stuff they pull off was cool when the commercial was released. 
 
3. Terry Tate Office Linebacker



Every office should have a Terry Tate. I still crack up every time I watched these on YouTube.

2. Google: Parisian Love


I'm a sentimental fool so this commercial is right up my alley. 

1.  Gatorade: Be Like Mike


I always wanted to be like Mike when I was younger. I remember seeing the commercial and then bugging my family by singing it all the time. I truly believe this commercial is the reason I drank Gatorade rather then Powerade. 

Everybody sing it now:

Sometimes I dream
That he is me
You've got to see that's how I dream to be
I dream I move, I dream I groove
Like Mike
If I could Be Like Mike
Like Mike
Oh, if I could Be Like Mike
Be Like Mike, Be Like Mike
Again I try
Just need to fly
For just one day if I could
Be that way
I dream I move
I dream I groove
Like Mike
If I could Be Like Mike
I wanna be, I wanna be
Like Mike
Oh, if I could Be Like Mike  

No comments:

Post a Comment