Monday, January 30, 2012

Music Monday: Music To Read To (Catching Fire and Mockingjay)

It so often I read a book that I just can't put down. I end up staying up later then I should and being tired for the next few days. This last week I finished the last two books in the Hunger Games trilogy. Two books in three days. If you could World War Z (Which was easy to read and I kind of rushed it ) I read three books in five days since World War Z was a 7 day loan from the library and I had to read and return it before starting Catching Fire.

Anyways like last weeks Music Monday post I'm going to post six more songs that I felt fit with the imagery of the novels and fit really well with characters and scenes. Again I will not say what scenes to avoid spoilers.

Lady Antebellum - Just A Kiss



Just a kiss on your lips in the moonlight
Just a touch of the fire burning so bright
And I don't want to mess this thing up
No, I don't want to push too far


Carrie Underwood - I Just Can't Live a Lie





Could I forget the look that tells me that you want me?
And all the reasons that make loving you so easy
The kiss that always makes it hard to breathe
The way you know just what I mean

No, I can't learn to live without

Ohh, so don't you give up on us now

Ohh, I know I could say we're through

And tell myself I'm over you
But even if I made a vow
I promise not to miss you now
And try to hide the truth inside
I'd fail cause I, I just can't live a lie


Lifehouse - Broken


I'm falling apart, I'm barely breathing
With a broken heart that's still beating
In the pain, there is healing
In your name I find meaning
So I'm holdin' on, I'm holdin' on, I'm holdin' on
I'm barely holdin' on to you

Death Cab for Cutie - I Will Follow You Into The Dark


If heaven and hell decide that they both are satisfied
Illuminate the no's on their vacancy signs
If there's no one beside you when your soul embarks
Then I'll follow you into the dark

Pearl Jam - Just Breathe


I wonder everyday
As I look upon your face, aw huh,..
Everything you gave
And nothing you would take, aw huh,..
Nothing you would take,..
Everything you gave.

Did I say that I need you?
Oh, Did I say that I want you?
Oh, if I didn’t now I’m a fool you see,..
No one knows this more than me.
I come clean.

Zola Jesus - Skin


 

And in the sickness,
you have faith
And in the thickness
you'll find me
Finally

No comments:

Post a Comment