Monday, January 16, 2012

Music Monday: Great Canadian Singers and Bands

Nessa was showing some songs she wanted downloaded and one of the songs was "Resurrection" by Moist who I loved as a teen and it got me thinking of some great Canadian music I've listened to growing up. 
 

Moist - Resurrection


I thought I'd start with Moist who I really enjoyed but now have come to realize that all there songs sound the same.

Econoline Crush - Sparkle and Shine 

This band was never as popular as I thought they would be back I always enjoyed this song. I bought their CD and sadly this was one of 4 songs I enjoyed. I kinda wish that iTunes was around then so I could have just skipped the album.

I've been luckily enough to see some great bands live. The next few videos are from bands or artists who I was able to see live and absolutely loved the show. 

Matthew Good Band - Strange Days




Our Lady Peace - Clumsy


Chantal Kreviazuk - Surrounded


Sloan - The Good In Everyone


Treble Charger - American Psycho


Jann Arden - Sleepless





And finally a few songs from Canadian Hip Hop artists. I have always been a fan of Hip Hop and Rap even through I preferred other music.

Rascals - Crazy World

 
Choclair - Let's Ride 

 

Kardinal Offishall - BaKadi Slang


Rascalz featuring Kardinal Offishall, Choclair, Thrust, and Checkmate


And just to prove that Canadian Music can be just as generic as American music.

The Moffatts - Girl of My Dreams


B-44 - Get Down


Yes ... bad music exists everywhere!


No comments:

Post a Comment