Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Tuesday Top Ten: Holiday Themed TV Episodes

This week I'm doing Top Ten Holiday Themed TV Episodes. Unsurprisingly all of the picks are from Christmas since not many TV shows do special episodes for other holidays.

Finding clips for the 10 choices was harder then actually narrowing the list to 10 choices.

Hopefully you enjoy the list and I wish everyone Happy Holidays!


10. The Office: A Benihana Christmas


The Office definitely captured the awkwardness of having a party with people you only spend time with at work. 

9. Bones: The Man in the Fallout Shelter


Speaking of having to spend time during the Holidays with Co-Workers Bones did it well by forcing the cast to be stuck in the Lab. The show did it very well with how they had the cast make each other gifts and watching them spend time with their families with a glass wall between was touching and makes you realize our important it is to have family around during the Holidays.

8. Corner Gas: Merry Gasmas


Corner Gas did the a great job of showing the awkwardness of charity as well as the frustration of traveling during the holidays.


7. Scrubs: My Own Personal Jesus


Scrubs did a great job of showing someone losing faith. It cannot be easy working in a hospital during the holidays and Scrubs does a great job of showcasing all the emotion.

6. Being Erica: Fa La Erica


I liked this episode because it shows the holidays from the perspective of Christians, Jewish, and people who just don't celebrate the holidays. It showed that you can't force people to celebrate something they do not believe in.

5. The Simpsons: Santa’s Little Helper


When I was younger I always wanted a dog for Christmas even through I already had two dogs. I like the idea that everyone ends up happy. Also The Simpsons were so much funnier then.

4. The Big Bang Theory: The Bath Item Gift Hypothesis


This episode rated high for Sheldon's reaction to his gift from Penny even through the entire episode was funny.

3. Smallville: Lexmas


First of all I miss the voice over guy from the WB promos. His voice really made you excited for upcoming eisodes.

I like the idea of Lex knowing what he can have. It raises a fair question. If you knew you could have many years of happiness that would end in sadness would you make those choices or would you force yourself to change your future. The episode also reminds me of It's A Wonderful Life.

2. The OC: All Four Chrismakah Episodes


I didn't enjoy season 2 or 3 but loved season 1 and 4. Especially season 1. I loved the enthusiasm Seth shows for the holidays. The dynamic of Ryan and Seth in the episode  reminds me of Nessa and I where I love Christmas and she isn't a big fan.

1. Roswell : A Roswell Christmas Carol





No show did Christmas like Roswell. From Isabelle's crazy holiday demands to Max and Michael helping the children in the hospital. The episode showed the hope that people have during the holidays.

No comments:

Post a Comment