Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Tuesday Top Ten: Bad Candy

This week I am doing the Top Ten Bad Candy with my wife. She will be posting her own list which you can find at her blog here:


Those who know me know that I have always loved candy. One of my favorite stores in Halifax is Freak Lunchbox which is an amazing candy store and has bulk Jelly Belly jelly beans which is one of my favorite candy.

But when you love something so much there is bound to be things that are gross. That is where this list goes. The candy I just can't stand to eat. Here we go:

10. Skittles Fizzle
 
 One of the mistakes in the Skittles brand. The powder used for the fizzle tastes gross and ruins one of my favorite candies.

9. Cookies and Cream Bar

 I love cookies and I love white chocolate so it mystifies me that I hate Cookies and Cream bars.
 
8. Hot Tamales

 I have grown a better taste to cinnamon now so I may need to try this candy again but as a kid I hated the taste of this stuff. 

7. Bit-o-Honey


The taste does not match the name of the candy. I can think of other ways to describe this candy that do not include the word honey.

6. Jones Soda Carbonated Candy


I love carbonated drinks so this candy should have been good but they fell far short of tasting good.
 
5. Coffee Crisp

 I hate coffee so obviously I'd hate it in a chocolate bar.
 
4. Turkish Delight


This stuff is deceivingly bad. It looks all tasty and chewy and then shocks you with how disgusting it is. 

3. Raisinets/Raisels


No matter how much they try I will never consider raisins to be good inside of candy. 
 
2. Thrills


I always found it amusing that they advertised that it tasted like soap. Do people really want to chew soap?


1. Black Licorice junk (especially Good and Plenty and Black Jelly Belly)




I've never understood people who like the way this stuff taste. When I get the black jelly beans in my packages they are the only ones I share with my dog unless I drop another color by accident.

2 comments:

  1. coffee crisp are by far my favorite candy... disappointing candies are "Scottish toffee" they taste so good but are impossible to eat. also those chocolates with the cherries in them...

    if you like candy try chocolate covered gummy bears from freak lunchbox... the ultimate!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. black jelly beans are AWESOME , cookies and creme chocolate bar is my all time second favorite lol next to Mint Aero Bar , chocolate covered raisins are awesome , don't like hot tamales and never tried turkish delights . coffee crisp yummy , never tried bit of honey or thrills or jones carbonated candy . and don't think i want too . love you bro.

    ReplyDelete