Monday, November 28, 2011

Memories: Buttercup and Other Videos


I have decided that every so often I'm going to write an entry of a memory from my past. Some will be nice, happy memories and others will be difficult things to remember. It'll all depend on what I want to write about and how I remember it happening.

I've decided for the first one I'm start on the fun side of things and remember the videos made by our crew. 

 

Stupid things can happen when a group of guys who are bored have a camera and a lot of free time. 

Buttercup was definitely my favorite video that we made. It was a fun day coming up with the ideas for the different clips. I wish we had found the time to make the sequel we had planned.Trying to keep a straight face whiling washes Al's back or rubbing his chest was hard. I'm not sure how Al was able to lay there while I did it. 

I wish we had loaded the other videos we had made to You Tube. Like the mock documentary Al and Rene made of Troy sleeping. Or Mario trying to do "Mahna Mahna."

Watch this clip of the from The Muppet Show and imagine Mario singing it.
 

Two videos we made that really stuck with me as being fun to made was a video with a friend of mine being interviewed about his love of the Danger Zone and a commercial for a fake game called "Wife Beater 64." Both videos were so wrong and showcased so many stereotypes but coming up with the ideas were fun and the end result was hilarious in because the content was just wrong. 

The last video that I really enjoyed making was "Smashing Reviews", a video where we "reviewed" products and then smashed then apart. I remember Rory not wanting to be on camera and then being caught at the end as he was badly swinging a sledgehammer at a busted TV. 

Most of the time we made videos just because we lived in a small town with nothing else to do. But looking back they were some of the most fun I've ever had.

1 comment:

  1. Buttercup was such a fun video! Looks like you had a great bond with all of your buddies. I think that's really cool :)

    ReplyDelete