Monday, October 24, 2011

Music Monday: Collective Soul - The World I Know




Has our conscience shown?
Has the sweet breeze blown?
Has all kindness gone?
Hope still lingers on.
I drink myself of newfound pity
Sitting alone in New York City
And I don't know why.



There is so much wrong in the world. Everyday we hear stories about hatred and war. People are horrible. The way they treat children. How could anyone just drive and walk by while a child lay there dying.


The way we treat other human beings with discrimination. To remove someone from your restaurant because of who they are just because some people that read the bible in the wrong way. The bible taught me to have compassion, not to judge others, and to love everyone unconditionally. I'm not perfect but I also don't throw stones at others.

Then you have a guy releasing animals into the public then killing himself. It was senseless that the animals that to killed but I can understand that they were a danger to the public. The fact was that they never should have been released. 


There is so much wrong with the world. I knew that there is also good in the world but often all the good gets over shadowed.


You have celebrities stepping up and letting people know who there are. I applaud gentleman like Zachary Quinto who step up and proudly let the world know who he is. He did it quietly which feels like the right way to do it. It wasn't flashy and it wasn't for money. It was to make others feel safe and let the world know that it is OK to be gay, it's OK to be who you are.


You also see the kindness of others when tragedy hits. The way people band together when natural disasters hit the world hard. The way people volunteer to work with kids. To help them become better people. To hopefully grow into respectful and great human beings who will make the world a better place.


We can hope that someday all people will except others for who they are. We can hope that someday we won't have war and we won't have people treat children like they are dispensable.


For now this is the world I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment