Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Tuesday Top Twenty: Favorite TV Shows Part One.

With the new TV season upon us I thought I'd toss my my current Top Twenty favorite TV shows. But first a few rules. Which is only one rule. The show has to be at least in it's fourth season or a show that was canceled prematurely. 

A few honorable mentions:

CSI - I love the early seasons but the show was knocked out because I just totally stopped watching and other shows passed it.

Eli Stone - It had two great seasons but two seasons is not as good as a show with four or more great seasons.

Roswell: See explanation for Eli Stone.

And now numbers 20 to 11. Top Ten next week:


20. Bones


I started watching this show because Nessa talked me into watching it with her when she got it on TV. I had no intention of liking the show but what I liked about it was the amazing chemistry between Booth and Bones and how awesome the supporting players were. Any great show needs a great cast from top to bottom and this show had perfect casting.

19. Grey’s Anatomy


A few seasons ago this would have been higher but the show slowly gets worse with each season and in a few more years I'd probably just throw in the towel for good. Especially if some of my favorite characters leave after this season.

The show has so many ups and downs. They have times were they can give you so many great episodes in a row and then follow it with crap. It almost feels like it's time to just close the doors on the hospital. I'm sure they will drag it out for a few more seasons.

18. The Office


Another show that would have been higher but just keeps falling the longer it stays on TV. There's no urgency in the show any more. Jim and Pam are happily married so the show lost it's romantic tension and the other characters haven't shown any growth in the entire series run.

17.Gossip Girl


A major guilty pleasure. As much as the writers piss me off for some reason I just can't stop watching rich people do stupid things.

16. Family Guy


Even though the show doesn't make me laugh as much as it use to it is still one of the better cartoons ever to air on TV.

15. The Simpsons


I threw in the towel on this show a few seasons ago but I cannot deny that this show took up most of my teenage years. I watched the show religiously and loved ever second of it.

14. How I Met Your Mother


I love the friendships on this show. They showcase friendship in such a realistic way that you can relate to. I love that they started the show with a simple question of finding out who the mother is but they are able to drag it out because you want to not only see Ted's journey but also experience the journeys of his friends. At this point I want to see Marshall and Lily's baby and I want to know who Barney marries as much as I want to know who the damn mother is.

13. Heartland


This show shot up the list quick and it could go even higher. It's such a simple show but what I really attached to was the idea of family. They showcase the idea of family so well. Also Ty and Amy are such a perfect couple to root for and will also shoot up my favorite couple list. Also it's a Canadian show so I can take pride in the fact that American's can love the show and have a hard time to find a way to watch it. Makes me feel better for all the trouble I have experienced watching American shows that we don't get in Canada.

12. Gilmore Girls


I watched this entire series on DVD and fell in love with Star's Hallow. Any show that could make you want to live in a small town is worth watching. The show was good at cultivating relationships and delivering sharp and witty dialogue. Please Luke is one of my favorite characters in any TV show.

11. The Big Bang Theory


Any show that makes geeks cool works for me.

Bazinga!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love Bloopers and Sweets is just so damn adorable. I now want to go sit down and watch all of Bones and all of Gilmore Girls and never leave the house until they're all done, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still love Grey's... it's my guilty pleasure I think. I agree with the writing with How I Met Your Mother. It's so well played out. I can't wait to find out who Barney is marrying!! And Seeing Lily and Marshal as parents is going to be EPIC!! :D

    ReplyDelete