Monday, September 05, 2011

Book Review: If I Stay




I just finished this book that in so many ways I hated but in other ways I loved. It's one of those rare books that bore you to death because you are just reading and waiting for something to happen but while your waiting for something exciting to happen it makes you think about life. 

It makes you wonder if we sometimes have a choice in life and death, I mean I know there are some situations where death just happens. I don't think we can survive cancer or aids just by wanting to be alive. But what about other situations. 

Can a gun shot victim survive just because they refuse to let go and walk into the light?

It makes you wonder why some people survive accidents while others die. I don't think it's because the survivors want to live more then the ones that lose the fight. It's properly a hard thing to go through and never an easy decision. Sometimes it's easier to just let go. To go peacefully in the night.

With that said the book was still boring. But I think you could put any person in the story and it wouldn't change. I wasn't interested in the characters life story. Nothing overly exciting happened and that's OK. I doubt my life story would interest anyone. I've had a great life and I love everything that has ever happened to me. I have no regrets. That if a stranger was watching my life story while it flashed before my eyes they would be bored. I wouldn't hold it against them, they have no connection to the memories so why would it interest them. 

If you are looking for a book that has twist and turns then this is not the book for you. But if you simply want a book that is easy to read but makes you think and wonder about life then you might want to try it out.


3 comments:

  1. I LOVED this book. I can't even begin to explain why. It just affected me deeply.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, I'm reading 'Where She Went' right now and am halfway through. I know you didn't feel the first book, but I can see you really enjoying this one. In case you decide to give it a try, judging from what I read so far anyway, it seems like a book you will like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I reserved it at the library.

    ReplyDelete