Saturday, August 13, 2011

Fall TV 2011: Thursday, Friday, and Saturday

When deciding on shows I'll be watching I realized that Thursday is still a crazy day for TV. There's also probably not many shows that will be dropped so I'll be busy on Friday and Saturday catching up with Thursdays shows on the DVR. And I have nothing to watch on Saturday anyways. I just included it in the title because today is Saturday.

Thursday

The Big Bang Theory



Nessa and I came to this show late and downloaded the first few seasons and watched them really quickly. Now it's one of my favorite shows on television and I watch it weekly. 

Bazinga!

  Bones 


This one is on for Nessa. I do love the show but I've always watched it on DVD because I came late to the show and am now two seasons behind since we've gotten behind on the DVD releases. I do know bits and pieces of what is happening since I sometimes am around when she is watching it but not caught up enough it watch it o television.
 
Secret Circle


I placed this one on more for Nessa then me. She likes movies and books about witches and I think she may like this one. I slightly interested in it and will give it a try.

The Office


Like other long running shows (see Grey's Anatomy) I watch this more out of habit. The show has slowly been falling apart over the last few seasons and I actually hope that Steve Carell leaving improves the show and lets other characters shine more. 

Whitney


Not sure if this one will last on the DVR but promos look entertaining enough to give it a fair shot. When I originally read about the show I didn't care for it but the promos make it look funny. Also I originally didn't think I'd like How I Met Your Mother or The Big Bang Theory and was wrong for both those shows. It's always more about the characters then the story and the characters look interesting.
Person of Interest


 I loved Michael Emerson in Lost and have decided I'll watch anything he is in from that point forward. It helps that it seems like an interesting concept for a drama and has other fine actors.

X Factor (Results)


If I'm watching the performances I'd might as well watch the results but Thursday is a crowded night so I may skip the results show and just read the results online.

Prime Suspect


Another show Nessa requested be placed on the DVR. I wasn't really interested in the show but she liked what she saw in the promos and wants to give it a try. I'll probably try it since it'll be there waiting for her to watch it. I may like it.
Grey's Anatomy


At this point the show is so hit or miss. I won't be putting it on the DVR but will stream the show later. At least that's what I tell myself but depending on how other shows do this year I might not get to this show until next summer.

Friday

Chuck

  
I like when shows announce their last seasons because I can sit back and know that at this point it doesn't matter if no one else is watching the show because it's not coming back regardless. I can just enjoy the show and hope they get the ending right.

Fringe


At this point I'll enjoy Fringe for as long as FOX keeps it on the air.  I wasn't expecting a season four so as far as I'm concerned everything we get from this point forward is a bonus. I think Friday nights help its chances but I anticipating this being the last season so it better get a proper ending.

Grimm


I've always liked the Grimm stories and think the show could be great if done right. We'll have to see if it is done right or not. I'm not sure if audiences will rush to the show especially since it's on Fridays. If it was on any other night of the week I'd probably check the ratings before watching the show but shows on Friday are given more of a chance to grow so hopefully this show is able to grab a good audience and keep it.

 Kitchen Nightmares


I never really cared for this show but Nessa loves it so it's on the DVR for as long as she wants it there.

2 comments:

  1. well i finished up my new schedule. Pretty excited about all the new shows this year! Going to be a great year for TV I think!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree ... looks like a good tv season. Looking forward to seeing what you picked.

    ReplyDelete