Tuesday, August 09, 2011

Fall TV 2011: Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday

I've decided to lump these three days together because even through Monday is a busy TV night, Tuesday and Wednesday are slow for me with shows I'm not even sure I'll stick with for the full seasons.

Monday

How I Met Your Mother

 It's a little weird that I'm more curious to know who Barney marries then who Ted ends up with but that's why it's an ensemble sitcom. The writers do a great job of making you care for all the characters and wanting them all to end up happy.

2 Broke Girls


I'm not totally sure I'll like this show but I felt the same way about How I Met Your Mother and loved that show so I'm giving it a try but am willing to easily drop it and download it later if the show doesn't grab my attention right away. 

Hart of Dixie


The premise of the show reminds me of Everwood and if the show can deliver characters and story lines half of good as Everwood did then I'll enjoy it. 

Gossip Girl


A guilty pleasure of mine. Most of the time the show drives me crazy, the writers make the same mistakes they made with season 2 and 3 of The OC with how they over use some characters and under use others and they ruined the Blair/Dan storyline which was one of the best things they tried over the last two seasons. But still I can't stop watching the show in the same way I watched The OC until the end. 

Terra Nova


I love the Jurassic Park movies and this seems like Jurassic Park the TV show. I hope the show isn't too complicated for TV audiences because it seems like an expensive show and if it bombs I see FOX cutting the cord early rather then spend the money to hope it builds an audience.

The Sing Off


I like songs sung in A Cappella and if the groups are creative this show is very entertaining. 

The Playboy Club


I want to watch this more because the Parent Television Council condemns it. It seems like a show that should be on Cable rather then NBC but I don't blame NBC for throwing the dice on a racy show that could work. 

Body of Proof


It really seems like ABC's version of Bones but if it's done in a different way it could be good. If we can have three CSI shows then the universe can accept two medical examiner shows.

 Tuesday

Glee


I didn't really care for season two and based on the headlines over the summer the show runners have absolutely no clue what they are doing. The outlines for the new characters being introduced don't interest me and seem like a waste of time since they have a hard time writing for the characters that are already on the show. But my wife likes the show and I like musicals so I'll watch with fingers crossed that they return to season one form. 

90210


Teen shows mostly suck once they reach college so I hold low expectations that I'll actually make it through the full season this year. 

Wednesday

Survivor 


Not sure why I watch Survivor. The premise never really changes from season to season other then a few twists and minor change every season. After 23 seasons the challenges have pretty much all been done before in some way or another. The thing that really keeps people watching is the cast. If the show is cast well you get a few really good competitors and then a few train wrecks that drive you crazy but also keep it entertaining. If the cast sucks then the show falls apart.

X Factor


 I'm a sucker for singing competitions and also I find Simon Cowell funny most of the time. Not sure on the other judges but I'll at least give it a chance to grow. I just hope they don't drag out the really bad auditions which are only good for a little while before they get over done.  

No comments:

Post a Comment