Monday, July 11, 2011

Tuesday Top Ten: Anniversary Special

Since today is my anniversary I've decided that instead of posting my weekly pop culture top ten I'd post moments in my relationship with my wonderful wife. All these moments are special to me and I just thought I'd share them on this special day.

Deanna Carter: Strawberry Wine




The first song we danced to. We use to go to Taps every Wednesday for karaoke and some woman was singing this song and I took a chance and asked her to dance. It was the first step that lead to a wonderful relationship

Creed: With Arms Wide Open




So I could drunk and decided I was gonna go for it and kissed her. I'll sure it was a horrible sloppy kiss but she kissed back and from that point forward I always wanted to be around her.

Ocean's Eleven

Our first time hanging out together without a group of friends. We decided to watch Ocean's 11 and I had the Wide Screen version. Nessa couldn't see the TV and needed the Full Screen version or would need to sit in another sit away from me. I couldn't have that so I ran upstairs to Al's DVD collection and grabbed his copy. It was the start of me being whipped. I was also worried because my friend Troy told me she falls asleep during movies and that would mean she wasn't really interested. I grew to learn that she falls asleep during everything.


Meeting her family


Nessa is really close to her family so I was nervous to meet them. She had told me that her aunt wanted to date Troy so I felt a little awkward because I am a very different  person then Troy. Also the first time I met her Memere she called me fat in the sweetest way possible. Luckily her family is awesome and seemed to like me.

 Brian McKnight


When we first started dating I made mix tapes for Nessa (Yes I know how geeky it was). This was one of the songs I placed on the first CD I made and we listened to is a lot and we would sing it as it played. At least Nessa sang it, what I did can't be called singing.

Fifth Wheel/Blind Date

Also when we started dating we stayed up almost all night just talked. We also watched Blind Date and Fifth Wheel. It was extremely geeky but for some reason we loved the shows.

Cue


Whenever I went to visit Nessa her cat would run and hide from me. He's very anti social and doesn't like to meet new people. It probably didn't help that the first time I slept over I accidentally sat on him.

 Zack and Mocha

Our first pets as a couple. We got Zack first and babied him so much that now he latches onto us in an annoying way and makes it him alone. hard to leav. He also barks at all other dogs which makes it hard to walk him. 

As for Mocha, Nessa heard a friend of hers was giving away kittens and she wanted one. She even let me chose which one and I chose the mocha colored one. Of course I had to chose the devil. He treats everything like it's his and will lie across everything from sandals to the plug for my laptop. He's a menace but he's our menace.


Vegetables/Spices/Other really great food I would have never tried

I grew up in house that didn't really try new things. My mom never cooked with spices and other then the standard fruits like apples and oranges. I remember one of the first times I cooked for Nessa and I made noodles and sauce and used this no name sauce my mom always bought and Nessa hated it. She slowly got me to eat more adventurous foods and I learned that there was a lot of foods I loved. Like sushi and dragon fruit. I would never have tried them without her.


Patti Griffin: Heavenly Day


Nessa walked down the aisle to this song and I remember watching her walk down the aisle and not being able to believe how lucky I was as she took each step toward me. That was the happiest day of my life and I'll never forget how beautiful she looked in her wedding dress.

Halifax


We spent our first vacation together in Halifax and loved it so much that we joked about moving there. We then decided to spend our honeymoon here and did everything we didn't have time to do the first time we were here. 

After that Nessa got into university at St. Mary's and we packed up and moved here. It's where we are spending our third anniversary today and we'll be spending at least the next few years as Nessa finishes her schooling and we decide what happens next. As long as we are together we'll be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment