Monday, August 01, 2011

Music Monday: Tyler Hilton - Missing you


Everytime I think of you
I always catch my breath
I'm still standing here
And your miles away

Those that know me know that I love my wife. I love coming home to see her. I love seeing her smile in the morning when she wakes me up. I love hearing her say I love you even if she's talking to the dog rather then me. And when she is away it feels like a part of me is missing and I sit around watching movies she hates and playing video games she doesn't like playing. I do this to keep my myself busy while I waste away the time until she texts or calls. It might sound pathetic but I wouldn't have it any other way because in a week she'll be home and I'll feel like myself again.
I chose this song this week because I've always felt that it is the ultimate story of denial. The songwriter writes about how he isn't missing an ex-girlfriend, about how he's moved on. The way the song is sung is almost like the singer is trying to convince himself more then he's trying to convince anyone else. He's trying to make himself believe he doesn't need her in his life.

I chose the Tyler Hilton version over the original because I love the way Tyler Hilton sings it. He puts more emotion into the words and I like the acoustic feel to the cover then the 80's rock beat that is on the original. The cover has so much more emotion to it and you feel the lyrics so much more.  

I can't pretend I don't miss my wife. I'm just glad I'm lucky enough that she'll be home next Sunday.

1 comment:

  1. And I can't wait to see you next Sunday either!!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete