Monday, July 04, 2011

Music Monday: Coolio - Gangster's Paradise


 

Power and the money, money and the power
Minute after minute, hour after hour
Everybody's runnin, but half of them ain't lookin
What's goin on in the kitchen, but I dont know what's cookin
They say I got ta learn, but nobody's here to teach me,
If they cant understand it, how can they reach me?
I guess they can't; I guess they won't
I guess they front; that's why I know my life is outta luck, fool!

  Dangerous Minds has to be the only movie I've ever gone to see just because of a song on the soundtrack. I loved listening to this song and bought the soundtrack even through I knew I wouldn't like any other song on the CD. It makes me realize how much technology has improved life especially when you lived in a city that didn't sell songs as singles and had no choice but to buy the entire CD or call the radio station and request the song. You would then need to quickly press record on the cassette deck to have the song. Now when I want to listen to it I just look for it on Youtube.

Anyways I listened to this song a lot. I remember driving around in Ryan's jetta blasting the tune and trying to rap along to it. We were horrible at it but it was fun anyways and in a town like Campbellton who cared how weird you looked because there was always someone weirder sitting on the corner by the movie theatre or in front of Tim's. 

No matter how weird we looked it could always have been worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment