Saturday, July 02, 2011

Current Five (July)

It feels like June flew by so quick. I'm not quite sure where it went. It reminds me of a great quote from Ferris Bueller's Day Off: 


That movie also reinforces that John Hughes was a genius who got what life was really about.

Now it is July and time for another Current 5!

1. 3 Year Anniversary:

 

On July 12th it will be three years that I've been married to the most wonderful woman I've ever had the pleasure to know. My life has become so much better since she decided to love me forever. Just leaving out the fact that she makes me a better man I'm pretty sure she extended my life by having me try more fruits and vegetables and helping me discover that there is more to food then McDonald's and Diary Queen. 

2. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2:


It seems like I've been waiting forever for this film and now it's only two weeks away. It's hard to believe that at one point I had vowed to never watch a Harry Potter movie. Luckily for me I'm a whipped man who dropped that vow when Nessa said we should watch at least the first movie. That night she fall asleep halfway through the first and I watched the first three then download the fourth movie that had just been in theaters.

If I was younger I'd probably be lined to see it for the midnight showing on July 15th but alas age has made more inclined to wait a few extra days to avoid long lines and I'll probably go see an afternoon matinee. I feel so old some times. 

3. The Millers visit:


Sorry wrong picture ... 


Due to my love for my dog I won't be making a trip to where I grew up this year but at least I'll get to see some of my favorite people in the world. I've known Amy since elementary school. We weren't always good friends but I remember seeing her at Zellers in the Movie Section and nodding to each other while we looked through the aisles for our next buys. Still not sure how it happened exactly but I came home one Christmas from University and she magically become friends with some of my friends. From there our friendship grew and I met Miller while getting drunk at a bar called Taps. I'm pretty sure he was one of my biggest fans when I sang karaoke. They then had little Landon who is one of the coolest little kids ever. Long story short I get to spent three days seeing them when they head down to Halifax to visit at the end of the month. 

4. Summer Reality TV:


The better of the two reality shows starting this month is Hell's Kitchen. It's something I can watch with my wife except she'll probably watch it while I'm talking to iPad customers. Regardless it's the one she'll watch and not make fun of me for liking. 

The real guilty pleasure is Big Brother. Not sure why I like it but I guess I just like seeing people embarrass themselves in Banana Suits and pretending to fall in love on a reality show that lasts two months. I can already see Nessa roll of eyes as one of the contestants do something stupid.

5.Summer:



By far my favorite season. I can leave the house in shorts and a t-shirt. I can wear sandals and not have to worry about having to tie my shoes. I can enjoy the sun and take long walks to look at tadpoles with my wife. Also movies and music are always more exciting in the summer so there's more entertainment to be excited about. You can always go and listen to older music that were past summer hits and its acceptable to listen to them. 


Well almost acceptable to listen to them but I'm corny so I'll listen anyways.

4 comments:

  1. Holy crow, I'm all up in this glog :-P
    I love my tadpole and can't wait to go see them tomorrow to see if any more sprouted legs. I wish you were coming to NB too :-( but we do get to hang out with some of our fave people, and then don't forget that you still get to see Matante & Jerry when I come back too. Yippee!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL love this Current 5! Especially since I am in it :) I am so excited for the Miller/Mitchell extravaganza! It's going to be sooo much fun!

    I actually remember talking with you on more than one ocasion in the library(?) about poetry we were writing. I remember you had one published in the school paper or something... is this an accurate memory?? LOL It's been about 15 years since the beginning of high school so I am so fuzzy on memories! But I do remember bumping into you OFTEN at Zellers! lol
    I also know that strangely, in my last year of high school (you and Rory's first year of University) I actually became very good ICQ friends with Rory. So when he came home at Xmas I met up with him at the Alcatraz. This was the beginning of how I "magically" became friends with some of your friends!

    Happy Anniversary to you and Ness this month!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So it's Rory's fault.

    I don't remember talking about poetry but doesn't mean it didn't happen. Maybe I repressed those memories lol.

    ReplyDelete