Monday, June 27, 2011

Music Monday: Missy Higgins - Where I Stood


'Cos I dont know who I am, who I am without you
All I know is that I should
And I don't know if I could stand another hand upon you

I first heard this song in an episode of Smallville then someone danced to it on So You Think You Can Dance Canada and I was reminded of how much I liked the song. 

It's such a sad song but it hits on so many things that most people feel when in a long term relationship. The thought always passes through my mind., what if there was someone better suited for the the person you were in love with. With over six billion people in the world what are the real chances that I am the best person for my wife. The song also touches on the feelings that if the person leaves what do you have left. When you live you whole life for someone else it's scary to think of what life would be without them.

It's something that scares me but all I can do is be the best husband I can. I don't think I'd be good at dealing with heartbreak but at a certain point it's out of my control. I can just love her to the best of my ability and hope it'll always be enough to keep her in love with me forever. Sometimes people are lucky enough to meet the love of their lives and be with that person forever. 

Fingers crossed that I am that lucky!

1 comment: