Monday, November 14, 2011

Music Monday: Theme Songs that make for Great Songs.

Great songs last the test of time. Some songs come in and out of fashion but quickly die. For instance I enjoy some songs by Katy Perry and Lady Gaga but within a few months they are removed from my iPod for newer songs. Then there are songs that will stay on my iPod until it dies out and then those songs will be moved to the next piece of technology that I use to listen to music. 

This week I'm gonna share a few songs that were used as Theme songs for TV shows that I still listen too. 

The Rembrandts - I'll Be There For You
Friends



I'll be there for you
(When the rain starts to pour)
I'll be there for you
(Like I've been there before)
I'll be there for you
('Cause you're there for me too)


Gavin DeGraw - I Don't Want To Be 
One Tree Hill



I don't want to be
Anything other than what I've been trying to be lately
All I have to do
Is think of me and I have peace of mind
I'm tired of looking 'round rooms
Wondering what I've got to do
Or who I'm supposed to be
I don't want to be anything other than me



Lazlo Bane - Superman
Scrubs


Well
I know what I've been told,
You got to work to feed the soul
But I can't do this all on my own
No, I know, I'm no Superman
I'm no Superman
Phantom Planet - California
The OC
  

On the stereo
Listen as we go
Nothing's gonna stop me now
California here we come
Right back where we started from
Remy Zero - Save Me
Smallville


When they pull you under
And I would give you anything you want
Well all I wanted
All my dreams have fallen down
Crawling around somebody save me
And two warm hands break right through me
Somebody save me
I don't care how you do it
Just stay
Stay
Come on
I've been waiting for you

Carole King & Louise Goffin - Where You Lead I Will Follow 

Gilmore Girls

Where You Lead
I will follow
Anywhere that you tell me to
If you need-(If)you need me to be with you
I will follow
Where you lead

No comments:

Post a Comment